Them BAILING Vultures

Posted by Salvatore | Posted in , , , , | Posted on 8:16 PM


So Thursday night I get a call, it ended up being
Bookie from 102.1 The Edge. On Wednesday I had been bored out of my mind in Inventory class and I decided to post on the petition to bring "Them Crooked Vultures" to the 102.1 The Edge studio at 228 Yonge.

Anywho, Bookie calls me and tells me that he picked 20 of the thousands that posted to come down to the studio and be there for the interview. Naturally I was stoked, unfortunately my significant other was working and one of my best friends was on the other side of the country... Thankfully I got a friend, Mike, who was equally stoked to accompany me on this adventure.

Took us about an hour to get there, 30 minutes of driving, 30 minutes of parking hunting. Got there really early, so we killed some time at the Eaton Centre. Visited the EB there, brought back some memories of the OC days. Also check out "Mind Games" which is an amazing store, so many snazzy things in there. We hit up the Jack Astors at Dundas square... and I didn't even know they HAD vanilla coke, where the hell have I been the last few years?!

So we lined up at the studio entrance around 4:30, we didn't even get in until 6:00, but it's ok, we got amazing spots to watch. At 6:30, Bookie announces that they are behind schedule and wanted to eat before coming down to the studio, naturally everyone was cool with it. 7:00 rolls around, and Dave Grohl calls the studio and says that they we're "unaware" that today was Canadian Thanksgiving and had been stuck in traffic coming from Detroit.

So they didn't even show! However, they promised they would be back and Bookie said he would call the same 20 people back. On the flip side I got Casby Awards tickets that I am taking Marita to. Should be fun!

Comments (0)

Post a Comment